Have we been at this long enough now that I can lose the lame intro paragraph? I think so.
* You get five minutes to write a piece of prose in any style or genre.
* You must directly reference today’s prompt: Flying
* Post your entry as a comment to this post.
That’s it. I’ll close the contest at 1:45. We all know how this works, we can all be grown-ups about it and if you are confused or just want to whine, feel free to email me.
At the close of the contest, this week’s guest judge, Robert James Russell, otherwise known as @robhollywood, and the newest Year Zero Writer and, depending on which poll you ask, the winner or near-winner of no less than three Five Minute Fiction Challenges, will nominate five finalists. I’ll put the nominees in the poll on the side of the page, and at 9:30 PM EST I’ll close the poll and declare the winner.
For updates, you can subscribe to my RSS Feed, or follow me on twitter.
What’s the prize? Well, nothing, obviously. But we’ll all agree to tweet and/or blog about the winner of today’s contest so their fame and fortune will be assured.
A Few Notes:
* In the interest of time and formatting, it’s best to type straight into the comment box. It’s also smart to do a quick highlight and copy before you hit “post” just in case the internets decide to eat your entry.
* I reserve the right to remove hate speech or similar but I’m not too picky about the other stuff.
* This is all for fun and self-promotion. So be sure to put your twitter handle at the end of your post and a link to your blog if you have one.